Thursday, September 14, 2017

Rank and File

"Hustle your arsses you skags!" Master Fusilier Chebzch shouted as he walked the line of Fusiliers who scurried to obey, their scabbards and large pouches thumped against the heavy drab fabric of their storm coats. Here and there men held their arms out to their sides to get their spacing correct before inspection, the odd Fusilier stumbled before being elbowed into position by their fellows with hissed whispering admonishments.


The Master Fusilier looked over the arranged men and snorted, his power sword held tight against his shoulder his other hand resting on the top of his laspistol holster. "Well I don't know if you lot would make Him on Earth proud but you bunch of boot scrapings will have ta do for the Colonel. Now stand straight! Chins out! Eyes forward!" Chebzch's voice rang out louder than a series of ranging shots before he stepped into his position in front of the arranged company of Fusiliers.

The Master Fusilier slapped his balled fist to his chest in the tradition of so many men under arms in the Imperium, he shouted out "Ave Imperator! Usamlijan Prima!" The gathered throng parroted his action and the result was deafening to the gathered civilians and government officials of Usamlijan who had attended the first mustering of the reformed Usamlijan Fusilier Cohort.


This blog is meant to serve as a kind of record of my progress in building and painting my collection of minis that represent my Jornath Fusiliers. It also functions as a repository for the background and what I feel like is interesting creative writing that helps to fuel my progress on the physical side of the project.

I consider myself a veteran gamer and hobbyist having collected, painted and played with minis for tabletop gaming since I was about ten years old. I've definitely grown in all those years and my skills have slowly developed with practice and use. My interest in the hobby has shifted backing and forth over those two decades, sometimes focusing more on the gaming aspects sometimes revolving more on the hobby side of things but always with the intention of enjoying it to the fullest. The best thing to come out of my efforts and appreciation of the hobby is some great friendships and a broader sense of camaraderie. Whether your an experienced hobbyist, an enthusiastic amateur, a die-hard Warhammer 40,000 fan-boy, or even a casual fan of sci-fi I hope that this blog can offer some entertainment and enjoyment to you.

Thanks for reading and always feel free to comment or ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment